Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Monday, May 01, 2006

Heart to Heart

A friend and I were talking about my spiritual life just now and he asked how I was doing. I've been struggling to keep up with mine, especially as finals have closed in. I told him that I'm doing better about keeping up, but still not where I should be.

His reply took my breath away and is a reminder all of us should heed. "Where you should be is in the arms of Christ. Go there and let Him hold you up to the Father."

I pray that each of us will flee to the arms of Christ and hold on tightly. Even when we kick and struggle like a little child fighting to get down from his father's embrace, He won't let us go. He'll hold us close to His heart and then, like a father, lift us up towards the heavens, towards His Father.

When we do struggle free, impetuous children that we are, when we stumble and come running back holding up our arms looking for comfort, He'll lean down again, scoop us up, dry our tears, look into our big eyes, filled with contrition -- searching His for forgiveness, and shower us with His Divine Mercy as He holds us close once again.

Today, be where you should be. Sit in His lap, lean your head on His merciful heart, and be at rest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura H. said...

BEAUTIFUL.

02 May, 2006 12:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. I have had so many hard things on my mind. So many problems. Your post brought tears to my eyes.Yes, we have to place ourselves in his heart and be at rest. He is our ONLY hope. Trust in him only, and be at rest.

28 May, 2006 12:17  
Blogger Daughter of St. John said...

Annie,

I am not sure how to contact you so I'll just leave you a quick note here. I pray that you will see it. Your comment touched me deeply. I never know who reads this blog or how it may affect the readers. Your comment brings tears to my eyes, that my words were able to remind you of His love so deeply is humbling beyond measure.

I hope that you have been resting in His arms and that you are sustained by His love. He IS our only hope.

I went to a talk on hope once, and the whole time Fr. DDA spoke only about MERCY! Sometimes I need that reminder.

I pray that your mind is illuminated and that you have been able to place your trust in His love.

31 May, 2006 23:05  
Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

This post is great. I LOVE the image of putting our heads in Christ's arms, in the Father's lap, just like a little child. Sometimes, my daughter will come up to me and just lay her head in my lap. Your post reminded me of hte feeling *I* get when she does this. I think that God must feel that way toward us, on a much larger level of course, and the warm "love you" feeling I got reading your post was the best way to get my morning rolling. Thanks for that.

22 June, 2006 06:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home