Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy….

Today it is nearly 70 outside! 70! In Mid-Feb! So, I decided to plant my spring bulbs. It’s funny really. I have amaryllis in bloom in the living room, a blooming Christmas cactus in the foyer, and now spring bulbs planted on the porch. The juxtaposition is striking. It reminds me of the way my life has been going. Things are blooming at unexpected times and others are buried, just waiting to emerge when the time is right. Like the bulbs, some of my dreams will blossom and others won’t, but whatever is will be beautiful because it is in the end what God wills.

Yesterday I knelt in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament and prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet with my spiritual father. Afterwards he and I had a lovely walk around the grounds of the Carmel and for the first time in months I was at peace -- truly at peace.


Then this morning I was up early and went to mass at the Carmel. Hearing Mass in the voice of my spiritual father was a great blessing. Mass is always wonderful, of course, but to hear it offered in the voice of someone who knows me so well is a double blessing, a spiritual consolation of sorts.


Some time ago I was fortunate to have a private mass with him late in the evenings in the dimly lit chapel at least once a week. It was such a privilege and I miss those quiet intimate masses. To explain the intimacy with Christ in those moments is impossible, but if you’ve ever been alone at mass with just the priest you’ll understand.


Not much point to this post I suppose so I’ll stop here. I pray that each of you are enjoying the simple things in life today, like moist dirt and spring bulbs and not too much fertilizer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home