Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Holy Week Meme

I was tagged by Laura H. for this meme. Thanks Laura! It was fun.

Lent is almost over and this Sunday is Palm Sunday already! I thought it would be fun to share what we do special to commemorate the Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord.

1. What do you do with your new blessed palm from Palm Sunday?
I used to always make a cross with it. Last year my hubby kept poking me with it so I think I put it in the pew to resist the temptation of doing the same in return! Now they're tucked above our Papal Blessing for our Marriage from JPII.

2. What do you do with your old one from last year?
Ummm, when we moved our old ones went to the Brothers to be burned. I'll take 'em with me this year as well.

3. What do you do during Holy Week in preparation for Good Friday?
Time in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, confession, the normal fasting, and observing the Triduum ( I love that word!) at services on Holy Thursday and Good Friday at the Brothers' Novitiate.

4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday?
I will go to services at the Brothers' Novitiate where we will venerate the Cross after stopping three times to bow on our way up the aisle to commemorate the three falls of Christ.

5. When do you color Easter eggs?
When we remember and have time!

6. When do you buy Easter candy?
Early and often!

7. What is the first thing you plan to do Easter morning?
Roll over and kiss my hubby goodmorning before we go to early mass! (I didn't realize the Cardinal's tickets I bought for his b-day were for EASTER! AUGH!)

I'm tagging Micah and Jonathan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home