Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Friday, December 01, 2006

All The Trees Of The Field Will Clap Their Hands

It's been a while since I've posted lyrics. This is from one of my favorite albums. It is a good reminder for me about for whom we should be preparing our hearts as the season of Advent closes in on us. Most of us will be pulled in a thousand different directions over the next few weeks, but we must always seek as this song tells us to "join all [our] thoughts" to Christ and to remember that we should be "preparing every part" for the Christ Child.

It is though the opening lines that are most striking. . . ."IF I am alive this time next year. . ." How many of us doubt that we will be alive this time next year?

We must prepare our hearts not only for our own death, but also live in the recognition that each day we have with one another is precious. As Joshua Loth Liebman emphasized, we must "t
reasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other."

And now without further delay. . .

All The Trees Of The Field Will Clap Their Hands
by Sufjan Stevens from his album Seven Swans

If I am alive this time next year,
will I have arrived in time to share?
And mine is about as good this far.
And I'm still applied to what you are.
And I am joining all my thoughts to you.
And I'm preparing every part for you.

And I heard from the trees a great parade.
And I heard from the hills a band was made.
And will I be invited to the sound?
And will I be a part of what you've made?
And I am throwing all my thoughts away.
And I'm destroying every bet I've made.
And I am joining all my thoughts to you.
And I'm preparing every part for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home