Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Hot Chocolate, Paris in the Springtime, and Alzheimer's Disease

This afternoon after a long nap on a rainy Sunday I made myself a cup of hot chocolate. Though it wasn't the best hot chocolate I've ever had I put whipped cream on top of it and as I was drinking it I remembered sitting in a Paris rail station with my Mom and Dad drinking very rich hot chocolate with whipped cream on top. It was exquisite. I had never had hot chocolate that delicious. From that point on where ever we went in Europe that spring when I was eight I had hot chocolate, but it was never as good as it was in that Paris train station...

Tonight I'm sitting here working on a presentation on Alzheimer's disease. Thank God I have never lost someone to this disease. As difficult as it is to the patient I think it must be more difficult for those who are caring for them watching their loved one deteriorate over a long period of time. Watching my Father suffer for a few days was hard enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home