Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Saturday, February 12, 2005

A little more about who I am....

Some of you reading this will know who I am, that is, my identity. Good for you. If you don't know it's unimportant.

For now I'm going to go by Daughter of St. John. If you know me you know why, if not you may find out once I discover how comfortable I am with this whole blogging thing.

Identity is a funny thing though, you might know a lot of details about me, but not know ME at all. In some ways who we are is a collection of facts, experiences, and perceptions. Here are some of the more important pieces in my collection.

I'm a Navy Brat, an only child and only grandchild. I'm a Catholic, a wife, and as a friend tells me, the mother of a saint-by the grace of God, I can take no credit for that at all.

I'm a Catholic Feminist and also a PhD student (that's Piled higher and Deeper for those who don't know). I am an editor of theses and dissertations (email if you want to hire me!).

I am a proud graduate of a Woman's College.

I'm a procrastinator, and a lover of many things, most especially my husband, family, and friends.

I am a child of God.

(and now that I've edited this about 8 times I realize that I am a consumate editor and in some ways a perfectionist)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, i'm a perfectionist too. i just can't help it! glad i finally stopped by!

17 February, 2005 00:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home