Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Making Plans

My Father would have been 58 yesterday. He had plans. He spoke of coming with my Mother to visit us when my Grandfather for whom they were caring was dying. The first day of his new round of radiation my Father looked up at me from the gurney on which he was lying awaiting radiation and said, "I think my traveling days are over." We didn't know his cancer had returned, and 9.5 days later he was dead. Yes, I know about plans, all I could say to my Mom was, that he was making plans, he was making plans that he never got to enjoy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i'm so sorry! :( yes, the best laid plans go awry, but we have hope and faith in God that He knows what's best for our lives.

15 March, 2005 01:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home