Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ummmm...

I'm confused. Let's just leave it at that for now. People always say how lucky one is to be smart. What they forget is that to be smart is to never be satisfied with a partial answer. So, when one's core beliefs are challenged one isn't content to take others' words for it. One must read and understand for one's self.

I guess that means it's Theology 101 for me. Here's hoping there's enough time in life to get it all in.

I have the faith, but now I need the academic underpinnings. I have the reason, but now I need the deeper knowledge to back up the basics.

Faith suffices for the soul, but when one must defend one's foundations to another, professionally that is, one must have more.

I must heed the advice I gave to a friend this week, "Keep your head down and your mouth shut."

Yes, contemplation and acting like a sponge. That'll be me. Pineapples under the sea anyone?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home