Seeing through a glass darkly...

and some days are darker than others...

Name:
Location: United States

Please refrain from identifying me by name in your comments! Thank you :-)

Saturday, April 02, 2005

There's this photo...

...on the shelf in the living room at my parents' house of my Father at an indoor Papal audience when he was on cruise in the Med. He is reaching out to touch the Pope, they are just inches apart. We would never have seen that photo, but that week he went to visit Navy friends and they asked if he had been in Rome. They pulled out the paper and there he was on the front page!

Now as the Pope is dying I am sure that he is reaching out to him again.

When I was young we travelled to Israel. We stayed at the Jerusalem Hotel and our room was far from the rest of our pilgrimage group. We went through many thick glass doors to get there, down many corridors. Our room was breathtaking, the ceilings covered in mosaics. We found out the next morning that we were staying in part of the Papal suite of rooms. We were floored as were the folks in the rooms on either side who were also in the suite. I wanted to leave the Pope a note, but my parents gently explained that he wouldn't get it. Ah well, soon I'll be able to speak directly to the Pope.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him!

1 Comments:

Blogger alicia said...

thanks for droppin by my blog and offering prayers for my eye. From what I have read on your blog, I would guess that you are in health care in some aspect.
You might want to check out my buddy Pam's blog "Fertility Faith and Feminism"
BTW - there are several bloggers in St Blogs who are military 'brats'. I'm an Air Force brat, Alexa is (I think) a Navy brat. I think that it gives us a different POV and a desire to be understood.

02 April, 2005 09:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home